School District Voter and Absentee Ballot Information
School District Voter Registration
Thursday April 20, 2023, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Malverne High School Lobby
And 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Administration Building
Friday May 5, 2023 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Administration Building
Definition of a Qualified Voter
A qualified voter must be
- a United States Citizen at least 18 years of age.
- a resident of the school district for thirty (30) days immediately preceding the election
- not otherwise prohibited from voting under the provisions of Section 5-106 of the Election Law.
Nassau County Board of Elections Voter Registration – English / Spanish
New York State Voter Registration Form (English)
New York State Voter Registration Form (Spanish)
Absentee Ballots – Due May 16, by 5:00 p.m.
Completed absentee ballots must be received by the District Clerk on or before the day of the vote, Tuesday May 16, 2023, by 5:00 p.m. For more information contact Lisa Ridley at (516) 887-6483 or email@example.com
Request for an Absentee Ballot
Applications for absentee ballots are available through the District Clerk
To request an application call 516-887-6483 or through the school district website. Completed applications for requesting an Absentee Ballot must be received by the District Clerk at least seven (7) days before the vote if the ballot is to be mailed to the voter, or the day before the election if the application is to be dropped off and the ballot is to be picked up in person by the voter. Please email or call the District Clerk if you will be applying for an absentee ballot application through the school district website.
- April 17, 2023, Earliest day that an absentee ballot application can be received by the district clerk.
- May 9, 2023, Last day by which an application which requests that the absentee ballot be mailed can be received by the district clerk.
Application and Instructions for Absentee Ballot PDF (English)
Application and Instructions for Absentee Ballot PDF (Spanish)
You must meet any one of the following qualifications to vote via absentee ballot:
- Absent from Nassau County due to employment of business reasons, duties, studies, or vacation on the date of the vote (May 16,2023)
- Unable to appear at the polls due to temporary or permanent illness or disability.
Request for Military Application
Military Ballot Applications may be obtained from the Office of the District Clerk and submitted to the District Clerk by mail, Administration Building 301 Wicks Lane, Malverne NY 11565, email firstname.lastname@example.org
No later than Thursday April 20, 2023. Military Ballots will be mailed out no later than April 21, 2023 and must be filed with the District Clerk by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday May 16, 2023.
For More Information or Questions
Contact Lisa Ridley, District Clerk 516-887-6483 or email@example.com